Phone has no dial tone when picking up the receiver or hitting the talk button on the device.
Attempt to isolate the device or line that is causing the issue by trying the following:
- If there are multiple phones at the location, unplug the phone line from the wall one at a time until the line causing the issue is identified.
- If it is a cordless set, unplug the power from the main phone base and pull batteries from the handsets. Plug everything back in and see if the problem has been corrected.
- Swap the phone lines running from the wall to the phone.
- Replace the phone with a known working phone.
- If you have VONtel service, verify your ATA is powered on and running.