3-Way calling allows you to talk to different people at the same time, add a second caller to your call, or put one caller on hold while you make a second call. This feature can be used for both local and long-distance calls.
To use 3-way calling:
- Put your first call on hold by pressing and releasing the “flash” button or hook switch.
- You will hear 3 brief tones and then a dial tone, you can now place your second call.
- When that person answers, you may talk privately at that time if you wish. To connect both of your calls quickly press and release the “flash” button or hook switch. All three parties will then be connected.
- If the third persons line is busy or not answered press the “flash” button or hook switch to return to the original call.
- The first call will end when that person hangs up.
- The second call will end when either the party hangs up or you press the “flash” button or call hook switch.
- Both calls end when you hang up.